Join Us at the UB GenCyber Teacher Workshop!
Local middle school and high school educators are invited to attend the UB GenCyber Teacher Workshop on 7/9 and 7/10 at the UB North Campus. Given the challenges of integrating cybersecurity into existing curriculum, we are seeking educators who are interested in introducing their students to cybersecurity in a co-curricular fashion through after-school clubs and/or cybersecurity competitions. Attendees will learn about basic cybersecurity topics, cybersecurity careers and how to introduce their students to these topics in a fun and hands-on fashion. Additional workshop highlights include:
- Learn from the best! Speakers from private industry, government and academia will share their expertise and best-practices.
- Observe the UB GenCyber campers participating in a hands-on cybersecurity simulation.
- Connect with industry professionals who want to mentor student clubs and coach cybersecurity teams at local schools.
- Network with other like-minded educators and be the first to hear about future events students and teachers can participate in.
- Earn a $200 stipend for completing the entire two day workshop.
When and Where is the Workshop?
The UB GenCyber Teacher Workshop is held on 7/9 and 7/10 at the UB North Campus and runs from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM each day.
Who is the Workshop for?
This workshop is open to local educators, who are interested in learning more about cybersecurity principles, cybersecurity careers and how to encourage students to learn about these fascinating topics through co-curricular activities like team-based competitions. This workshop is geared towards all skill levels, so you do not need to know a lot about computers to participate!